What is a Connection Kit for an Electric Water Heater?
Holly, self-taught DIYer, Cardiff22 guides
A connection kit contains the essentials for connecting a water heater to standard cold and hot water intakes. Service valves, a drain tube and connector hoses are essential when installing a storage water heater.
- Service valves
What does a water heater connection kit contain?
A connection kit contains the main parts required for connecting a standard storage water heater. The storage tank and the thermostatic mixing valve are often excluded from the kit. It contains the following :
- Service valves;
- Drain trap;
- Drain trap;
- Drain tube;
The connection kit may contain teflon tape, brass fittings, glue etc.
Connector hoses are flexible and come in 3/4 " (20 x 27 mm) female-female or female-male.
The water released after expansion represents approximately 3% of the volume of the hot water tank, which is a significant loss over a years time. To compensate for this loss, an expansion tank can be installed between the service valves and the tank . It is sized to the volume corresponding to 3% of the tank and to the temperature set point as water expands when heated. Expansion tanks must be certified for the production of domestic hot water (ECS).
It is a anti-scale device mounted at the hot water outlet of the storange tank. More often than not, keeps the temperature of the water between 30 to 50 ° C and is required in new installation.
To learn more about the different accessories of electric water heaters and the production of hot water , consult the buying guides:
- How to choose your electric water heater?
- How to choose your service valve?
- How to choose your electric water heater thermostat?
- How to choose the resistance of your electric water heater?
- How To choose your anode electric water heater?
For the maintenance and installation of your electric water heater, consult our installation and maintenance tutorials :
- How to change your service valves?
- How to maintain your storage water heater?
- No fail guide for the electric water heater?
- How to descale your water heater?
- How to change the thermostat of your water heater?
- How to install a water heater?
- How to drain a water heater?
- How to attach a water heater?
- How to change or replace your electric water heater?
- How to connect an electric water heater?
- How to drain an electric water heater?
- How to reset your electric water heater?
Find out more about hot water production solutions with guides :
Holly, self-taught DIYer, Cardiff 22 guides écrits
My passion for DIY all started 5 years ago, when my husband and I bought our very first house. We were so proud...and then we saw how much work needed to be done! Since I basically started with no knowledge of home renovations, I had to learn as I went along, working on projects both great and small. My husband helped me at first, but soon, I was showing him what to do!
Where we live, the rain makes gardens grow wild, so I've become somewhat of an expert on gardening tools. My friends and family all come to me when they need DIY and gardening advice. Now I want to share that knowledge - with you!