Toilet brush holder buying guide
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter177 guides
- Toilet brush type
Why use a toilet brush holder?
As the name suggests, toilet brush holders are designed to contain your toilet brush – an essential bathroom accessory! But beyond their purely practical function, toilet brush holders can also add decorative value to your bathroom.
Often tastefully coordinated with the toilet seat and toilet roll holder, these accessories can be used to add a personal touch to your toilet or bathroom, which can otherwise be quite drab spaces.
Different types of toilet brush
There are two main types of toilet brush holder:
- free-standing brush holders, usually placed to one side of the toilet;
- wall-mounted brush holders, great for saving floor space.
Toilet brush features
Design and style
You also have a choice of shapes including jug-shaped, rectangular, cylindrical models. Some brush holders even have lids to discreetly conceal the brush.
- stainless steel, for a 'clean' style and great resistance to moisture;
- brass, elegant and strong with traditional style;
- PVC, available in a range of colours and shapes at very affordable prices;
- wood, for a natural feel;
- zinc, for a vintage look;
- porcelain, to match your toilet.
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter 177 guides écrits
Redo a roof with wooden beams? Check.
Advise Mister everybody in the DIY shop? Check.
Redo the bathroom plumbing? Check.
Fit together, build the walls, paint a partition, throw my hammer in a rage thinking that it will fix the problem? Check.
The DIY motto ? Learning is better than delegating… well, it's also a question about your wallet! The satisfaction? The beer at the end of the job!
What do the best have in common? The influence of Gyro Gearloose, Mac Gyver and Carol Smiley depending on your generation, a good dose of curiosity, a average hand-eye coordination and a taste for risks… and if it doesn't work, try again! Advise you? I'll do my best!