Toilet accessories buying guide
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter184 guides
- Toilet essentials
- Format and materials
- Functionality and design
Bathroom storage cabinets
Depending on their design, toilet storage units can be made of:
- chipboard - good value with a range of decorative options and dimensions available, contemporary in style;
- powder coated steel - lightweight and affordable, compact in size;
- stainless steel - like powder coated steel versions, these units can be compact; coating offers longer service life but the material can be more expensive;
- exotic or painted wood - heavier and bulkier, this material is chosen for its natural look.
Toilet roll holders
- open, with or without a cover;
- closed, cylindrical;
- attached to a toilet storage unit or combined with your toilet brush.
- PVC - affordable and available in different colours;
- wood - for a natural look;
- stainless steel - durable and modern looking.
Fitting your toilet with a support bar (or grab rail) will be essential if your toilet is to be used by elderly people or those with reduced mobility.
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter 184 guides écrits
The DIY motto ? Learning is better than delegating… well, it's also a question about your wallet! The satisfaction? The beer at the end of the job! What do the best have in common? The influence of Gyro Gearloose, Mac Gyver and Carol Smiley depending on your generation, a good dose of curiosity, a average hand-eye coordination and a taste for risks… and if it doesn't work, try again! Advise you? I'll do my best!
The products related to this guide
- Free delivery (postcode specific)