Sanding sheet and abrasive paper buying guide
Pauline, Self-taught handyman, Leeds89 guides
Paper or canvas holder?
Abrasive: which grain to choose
- Fine: from 100 to 400, for finishing or delicate surfaces
- Medium: from 80 to 100, for cleaning and stripping paint, stain, varnish, etc.
- Coarse: from 16 to 60, for heavy sanding, shaping, and tough materials.
How to select the abrasive paper according to the model of your sander
- Discs or triangle specially shaped for different models of sander with a "fabric effect" bottom for a better grip on the foot.
- Sanding belts, unsurprisingly, for a belt sander. They are a loop of abrasive paper designed to be used only on these machines.
- Roll of corundum paper come in a wide range for specific sander or for specific materials such as wood or plasterboard or different metals.
For DIY enthusiasts interested in knowing how to choose the accessories related to air paint tools, follow the advice of our editors and discover their Guides:
- How to choose your sander
- How to choose your circular saw
- How to choose your saber saw
- How to choose your wood care products
And to work safely:
- How to choose your protective gloves
- How to choose your respiratory protection
Pauline, Self-taught handyman, Leeds 89 guides écrits
I am both manual and cerebral (yes, it is possible.), I learned the basics of DIY and the customization of furniture because I was passionate. The salvage mentality is a true way of life that allowed me to know how to use all the tools and products needed to give something a second life, from sander to varnish.
I have two favorite activities: the transformation of old furniture and decoration tips. I am always ready to lend a helping hand to revamp a table or to restore a mirror that was intended for the trash that will become a friend’s centerpiece.
I’m convinced that it’s possible to reinvent an interior by small, regular modifications, I constantly research low-cost, test ideas.