Paint brush buying guide
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter184 guides
What are the different types of brushes?
Paintbrushes' shapes and sizes vary, and are circumstancial to the work to be carried out. There are five types of brushes:
Bright paint brush
Flat paint brush
Graining pain brush
Angled paint brush
Round paint brush
Synthetic or natural bristles?
Handle, ferrule and heel: what to look out for?
The brush's handle can be made of wood, plastic or synthetic- that last one is a lot easier to clean.
The ferrule, or the metallic part that encircles the bristles, can be made of steel or stainless steel - this last material is preferred because it lasts longer.
Some brushes offer a heel composed of silk and synthetic bristles.
If you want your brushes to last a while, remember to clean them thoroughly and, above all, rinse them when using a solvent or paint remover!
- How to choose your painting tools?
- How to choose your paint roller?
- How to choose a paint gun?
- How to choose your wall and ceiling paint?
- How to choose your paint, primer and undercoat?
- How to choose a plaster and a façade paint?
- How to choose your exterior paint?
- How to choose your kitchen and bathroom paint?
- How to choose your stepladder?
- How to choose your ladder or scaffolding?
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter 184 guides écrits
The DIY motto ? Learning is better than delegating… well, it's also a question about your wallet! The satisfaction? The beer at the end of the job! What do the best have in common? The influence of Gyro Gearloose, Mac Gyver and Carol Smiley depending on your generation, a good dose of curiosity, a average hand-eye coordination and a taste for risks… and if it doesn't work, try again! Advise you? I'll do my best!