LED: Advantages and disadvantages
Sébastien, Rédacteur, Puy-de-Dôme285 guides
Shedding some light on LEDs
"If all the light sources passed to the LED technology, world power consumption would halve."
LED: advantages and disadvantages
Advantage of LEDs
The lighting is instantaneous and the maximum level of brightness is reached as soon as the lighting is switched on. Since there's no need to wait, LEDs can be installed in places of passage like hallways because as soon as one presses the button, they deliver maximum luminous flux!
Lightweight and durable
Disadvantages of LEDs
Replace bulbs with LEDs
Of course, from an environmental stand point, taking into consideration the impact of the manufacturing process of a light bulb, throwing away a perfectly good bulb is inconsiderate. Instead, slowly replace your incandescent and compact fluorescent bulbs once they pass and plan for their sensible replacement!
Lumens, Lux and Kelvin: the new superstars?
The temperature is expressed in kelvins and the higher the number, the colder the lighting will be:
- Warm white at about 3000 K;
- Neutral white between 3300 and 5000 K;
- Daylight at over 5000 K.
LED bulb socket
- B22 , the great classic, referred to as bayonet. You simply press and turn;
- E27, large screw socket;
- E14, small screw socket;
- G4, G24, G9, GU 5.3, GU10, R7, etc. are pin-based sockets.
It is possible to adjust the intensity of the brightness on dimmable bulbs.
For anyone hoping to be more energy efficient, or simply to brighten up a certain room, follow the links below for lighting-related accessories, advice from our editors and more helpful guides:
- How to choose your light bulb?
- How to choose your indoor lights?
- How to choose your indoor wall lights?
- How to choose your built-in spot lights?
- How to choose your outdoor lights?
- How to choose your bathroom lights?
- How to choose your energy manager?
- How to choose your energy consumption indcator?
- How to choose your solar water heater?
Sébastien, Rédacteur, Puy-de-Dôme 285 guides écrits
A l’issue d’études dans le commerce, j’ai appris par opportunité la profession de charpentier. Noble mais dur métier, les hivers et la pluie m’ont incité à descendre des toits et à pousser les portes d’une quincaillerie où sans grande surprise, je me suis retrouvé quincaillier.