How to maintain your garden pond?
Jeremy, construction site supervisor, Cardiff118 guides
- Maintenance of the filtration system
- Outdoor pollution
- Water turbidity
- Plant maintenance
Why should you maintain your garden pond?
- The oxygen level (02);
- The total suspended solids (TSS);
- The pH and hardness of the water (to a lesser extent because it rarely changes)
Both the water temperature and the amount of light coming in also play a crucial role. The warmer the water, the higher the reproduction rate of the organisms it contains. This starts a chain reaction that results in all these organisms consuming a significant amount of oxygen from the water in an attempt to ensure their survival and growth. In the same way, the presence of light promotes the photosynthesis of plants and they too will consume oxygen to grow and develop.
Primary garden pond maintenance tasks
Gravity filtration system
Maintenance of a garden pond per season
Like we discussed above, the water quality also depends on the incoming light and the water temperature. Regulating these two elements will require different tasks depending on the season.
Garden pond maintenance in spring
Garden pond maintenance in summer
Garden pond maintenance in autumn
Garden pond maintenance in winter
A garden pond can liven up any garden! With so many options available, here are some pond-related accessories, advice from our editors and more helpful guides:
- How to choose your garden pond?
- How to install your garden pond?
- How to choose your water filtration system?
- How to choose your garden pond pump?
- How to choose your water pump?
- How to control water pressure?
- How to build your own garden pond?
- How to build your own garden pond with a waterfall?
- How to decorate your garden pond?
- How to maintain your garden pond: having the right reflexes
- How to filter your garden pond?
- What are the best plants to put in your garden pond?
Jeremy, construction site supervisor, Cardiff 118 guides écrits
Electrician by trade, I first worked in industrial estates where I installed, wired and fixed a large number of electrical installations. After this, I managed a team of electricians for this type of work. 10 years or so ago, I turned to building and construction. From the modest family home, to gyms and theatres; I have been able to coordinate, audit and organise all sorts of construction sites.
for 4 years now, I am restaoring and bulding an extrension to a bungalow in the heart of the welsh countyside. My experience in manual work and my knowledge means I am proud to be of service. Terraces, interior design, roofing, plumbing, electricty, anything goes! We have, my wife, daughter and I, built almost everything we have from scratch! So to answer all of your questions, and to orientate and advise you on coosing your tools? Easy!