How to choose your indoor paintings, pictures, and decorative images?
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter177 guides
- Canvas print
- Acrylic paint
- Colors and theme
Canvas print or hand-painted painting
Depending on your tastes and wishes, you have the choice between a decorative, hand-painted painting, using acrylic paint, and a canvas print. A canvas print consists of photo that is printed and hung in a wooden frame.
Colors and theme
Depending on how you want to hang your art, different solutions can be chosen:
- 1 painting per wall, to decorate your wall with a single large painting;
- 3 or 4 dimensional piece, to bring a touch of dynamism to the piece;
- A wall of paintings, implying that the whole wall is covered in paintings, of different styles and sizes.
How to hang a painting
Once the spot has been chosen, drill the wall, keeping in mind to adapt the rotation speed and to use drill bits that are adapted to the wall. Finally, it's important to verify whether or not the drill is in percussion mode, which is completely useless for materials such as plasterboard, bricks, concrete or wood. Once the hole is drill, remember to clean up the dust with a vacuum cleaner.
A house's decor can go a long way to make one feel at home. For more ideas for decorating your home just the way you want it, follow the links below for accessories, advice from our editors and more helpful guides:
- How to choose your decorative rugs?
- How to choose your plant wall frame?
- How to upgrade a room with with the ikebana collection?
- How to install high kitchen furniture?
- How to choose your kitchen paint color?
- How to choose your decorative paint?
- How to choose your TV fixings?
- How to choose your fixing plugs?
- How to decorate your balcony?
- How to choose perennial plants for your balcony?
- How to decorate a girl's bathroom: decorating and organizing tips
- How to furnish your bathroom?
- How to create a Japanese style bathroom: zen or cherry blossoms?
- How to create a zen bathroom: get ready to relax!
- How to create a modern bathroom: the secret to success
Sebastian, self-taught DIY-er, Exeter 177 guides écrits
Redo a roof with wooden beams? Check.
Advise Mister everybody in the DIY shop? Check.
Redo the bathroom plumbing? Check.
Fit together, build the walls, paint a partition, throw my hammer in a rage thinking that it will fix the problem? Check.
The DIY motto ? Learning is better than delegating… well, it's also a question about your wallet! The satisfaction? The beer at the end of the job!
What do the best have in common? The influence of Gyro Gearloose, Mac Gyver and Carol Smiley depending on your generation, a good dose of curiosity, a average hand-eye coordination and a taste for risks… and if it doesn't work, try again! Advise you? I'll do my best!
The products related to this guide
- Free delivery (postcode specific)