Focus on your garden trees and flowery shrubs?
Crystal, Owner of a small gardening business, Oxford28 guides
- Almond tree
- Common heather
18 trees and flowering shrubs to decorate your garden
Trees and flowering shrubs are ideal for bringing a certain elegance to your garden while serving a practical role by providing a bit of shade. Some of these species, like any aromatic plant, also make themselves highly useful in the kitchen.
1. An almond tree
Almond trees thrive in warm, dry climates. They are a small trees that yield pretty white and pink flowers. At the end of the summer, it also produces delicious almonds.
Hawthorn is a shrub that is often used to compose a hedge, as it can withstand cold temperatures. It can also be used in cooking, where its flowers and fruits are often used to make tea.
5. Common heather
7. A cherry tree
9. A strawberry plant
10. A raspberry tree
Your choice of plant will determine a lot of things, including how much time is needed to maintain your garden. For more ideas, follow the links below for gardening-related accessories, advice from our editors and more helpful guides:
- How to decorate and organize your garden?
- How to make your own vegetable patch?
- How to choose and cook with your aromatic plants?
- What perennial plants should you grow on my balcony or deck?
- How to choose your flowery garden trees and shrubs?
- 10 pest control plants for your garden and house
- How to choose you the right fertilizer for your plants?
- How to choose your mulch?
- How to prepare the soil for your vegetable patch?
- How to choose your tools for working with soil?
- How to choose the right species of hedge plants?
- How to choose the right flowery mix?
- How to weed your garden?
- How to water your garden?
- How to choose your watering system?
- How to choose your underground watering system?
- How to choose your planters?
- How to choose your insecticides and plant treatments: phytosanitary products
- How to choose your greenhouse?
Crystal, Owner of a small gardening business, Oxford 28 guides écrits
After many disappointments, I finally started a small-business in home services, specifically in gardening, assisted by my loving, dear husband. Passionate about nature and wild edible plants, I am very attentive to ecological solutions and respectful of our environment in all aspects of my daily life.
From the vegetable garden to the flower beds, from seed to harvest, I have all kinds of advice up my sleeve. Do not hesitate to ask me your questions.