A closer look at aromatherapy for saunas: on the road to total well-being!
Pauline, Self-taught handyman, Leeds51 guides
- Well-being and relaxation
- Essences and effects
What is aromatherapy?
By extracting different elements from plants, we can use their properties to treat small sores and increase a person's daily well-being. For an even more relaxing time in the sauna, consider using essential oils (EO)!
Aromatherapy and sauna: for both relaxation and increased health
Leading essential oils for improving well-being and general health
- Mountain pine oil: with invigorating, refreshing qualities, it greatly improves respiratory comfort.
- Finnish birch oil: has a relaxing effects on muscles, ideal for healing muscular tension.
- Eucalyptus oil: has cleansing and refreshing properties and is extremely useful for clearing up your lungs.
- Oil of rhododendron: relieves rheumatism, especially during changes in temperature and weather
Essential oils to fight against stress
- Roman chamomile oil: has a fresh, sweet and fruity scent and is renowned for its sedative properties.
- Bitter orange oil (citrus aurantium): aids in the fight against stress, contracts the solar plexus and helps with digestive disorders.
- Lavender oil: soothing and relaxing, it also helps to fall asleep (ideal for sleep disorders).
Essential oils for 100% well-being and relaxation
- Sea buckthorn essential oil: offers a fruity and tangy scent.
- Sandalwood oil: has a woody and soothing fragrance.
- Coconut-vanilla fragrance: has an intoxicating fragrance which instantly transports you to an island paradise, all the while promoting relaxation.
How to diffuse essential oils during your sauna session?
Some sauna cabins have optional accessories specifically for diffusing essential oils. They can be adapted to any sauna cabin in the blink of an eye all the while still contributing to the room's general harmony by blending in perfectly with the design.
Mist, or evaporated water, will allow for the slow and continuous diffusion of the essential oil's active ingredients during your sauna session. There is even an added advantage to this pink stone: it's natural aesthetically beautiful appearance will add an "all-natural" style to your corner of paradise.
How to conserve your essential oils for the sauna?
When will your next wonderfully scented moment come?
In a fast paced world, well-being and health is everything. For more general tips on how to keep both at a high level follow the links below for related accessories, advice from our editors and more helpful guides:
- How to choose your sauna?
- How to choose your infrared sauna?
- How to furnish your bathroom?
- How to choose your hot tub?
- How to choose your pool?
- How to choose between a hot tub and a pool?
- How to choose your bathtub?
- How to choose your shower cabin?
- How to choose your Italian shower?
- How to choose your bathroom sink?
- How to choose your electric towel warmer?
Pauline, Self-taught handyman, Leeds 51 guides écrits
With a handyman-father, I grew up with the soft sound of the sander and hammer on weekends.
I am both manual and cerebral (yes, it is possible.), I learned the basics of DIY and the customization of furniture because I was passionate. The salvage mentality is a true way of life that allowed me to know how to use all the tools and products needed to give something a second life, from sander to varnish.
I have two favorite activities: the transformation of old furniture and decoration tips. I am always ready to lend a helping hand to revamp a table or to restore a mirror that was intended for the trash that will become a friend’s centerpiece.
I’m convinced that it’s possible to reinvent an interior by small, regular modifications, I constantly research low-cost, test ideas.